Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy September!



One of the things that September means is that the time for gift-giving is just

Right Around the Corner.

Here are a few great small projects to share, perfect for working on right now.


Gyre, made for the New River Fiber Company




That Hat, a pixie-ish topper with an interesting twist on cabling, 



made with delicious Kismet Fiber Works Sleek Fingering
a wonderful blend of Silk & Wool.  
This might be the go to pattern for several single skeins in the stash.  
This little wrap sits just right.

You can see these, me and everyone linked above at Sheep in the Shade, a fiber retreat on beautiful Claytor Lake, outside of Blacksburg, VA, the first weekend of October.  I am so excited to meet and learn about color with the Fibre Company gals, dye with Angie & Stephanie of Kismet - and meet, hang out (teach & share) with the attendees and new friends there.  I hope that you can join us.  


Stilla, my take on the poncho - soon to be available in many gauges.
Here is the prototype, knit with a long discontinued cotton & silk held double, then over-dyed in my backyard Indigo pot.





I will be talking about this soon, I expect the book to arrive this week, and will have a little giveaway, stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment