Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

“It's still magic even if you know how it's done.” Terry Pratchett

Although the quote, from "A Hatful of Sky", was not written to describe knitting, 
I think it applies.

After all the miles of yarn that have run through my hands, I am still amazed at what a needle or 2, and a few fingertip tricks can conjure up.


Introducing Wheaten.

Knit here in a hand-dyed semi-solid fingering weight from Fleur de Fiber, a souvenir from last years Chicago adventure.  It drapes, hangs and wraps wonderfully, and can be worn in may ways.  Even in the heat of high summer, I can see it wrapped snugly as a scarf - but in the meantime it will keep the chill of sudden AC off my back.
Check out the test knit by Larcyarn made of Kismet Soul!  That color!!

For the 4th of July, I plan to celebrate with a vat of Indigo Dye.  The supplies arrived yesterday and today I mix it up.  If you live in the area, come over for a little dip.

Keep an eye on Instagram for some of our results.


Speaking of Instagram, I celebrated my 3rd anniversary of publishing patterns with a giveaway there.  New friends were made and a dozen patterns gifted.  
It has been 3 fantastic years, thank you all!

Also on Instagram (can you tell it's my new favorite?) there will be a KAL with Whitney of The New River Fiber Company in Blacksburg VA.  Details will be up soon!

High Summer.  
That means a ton of vegetables from our wonderful CSA.  
We made Pickled Beets yesterday, tweaking this recipe by swapping ACV for the Tarragon Vinegar and adding a few whole cloves.
     

Of course there have been Onion Tarts, and I'm dreaming up new things to make with with the abundance of squashes. 




 A very happy holiday weekend to us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment