Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Stitches South

This past weekend was Stitches South.  I worked at In the Making on Friday & Saturday.  
The booth was beautiful, featuring some of my favorites : all of the Habu; 
Quince & Co's Tern, Chickadee, Sparrow and the Owls.  
So many beautiful and tempting color palettes!  
I was also introduced to Big Bag Wool Weepacaa creation of the shop owner.  
It's a fantastic blend of Merino & Baby Alpaca, spun into a light worsted and perfect for little ones as it is also washable.  

Although I walked around several times, I did not manage to get into every booth.  It was wonderful to run into so many friends and acquaintances - and to make new ones.

My new love is Kismet Fiber Works.  Run by two lovely young women and beautiful colors in wonderful bases, it was hard to choose just one something to sample.  
Until I saw this.  


It's called Larc's Song, the most wonderful semisolid grellow ever.  
The base is Abundant, 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere & 10% Nylon.

No in-the-skein glamour shot as it was immediately wound into a ball while onsite - and then swatched.  I adore the color depth and the hand.  This would be my favorite sweater.  Brilliantly, the label is attached to the yarn by a knotted elastic hair tie dyed in  the same batch.  Functional & Fantastic.  
That alone might sway a few more skeins to fall into your basket, right?


I always love sweet Kate at Dragonfly Fibers.  I picked up a sweaters worth of her gorgeous Dance Rustic Silk.  My goal is to deliver that sweater to SAFF, the next fiber event that I'm planning to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment